(animated) INTERDIGITATED MICROSENSOR ELECTRODETM
PROBES (IME PROBES)
Electrode Arrays (IDAs))
The graphic to the left illustrates the high level
packaging of IMEs to allow then to be used as probes.
- A 1.0 cm wide x 6.5 cm long printed circuit board (PCB) has
been fabricated to extend the leads of the IME.
- The IME chip is bonded to the chip seat ledge of the PCB.
- Highly conductive Ag-epoxy paste is used to establish
electrical contact between the PCB and the IME chip bonding pads.
- Pin-headers are placed on the distal end of the PCB.
- An encapsulating shroud of epoxy-lined PTFE is heat-shrunk
around the PCB and the bonding pad region is encapsulated in a chemically resistant, high
Last Revision 08/12/01; (c)
2000-2001 ABTECH Scientific, Inc.
Contact: Ann M. Wilson, Manager,
Applications Development ABTECH Scientific, Inc.
911 East Leigh Street G24, Richmond, Virginia 23219
Telephone Number: +1-804-783-7829 Fax Number: +1-804-783-7830