Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Sc.D.
Persistance and Perseverance,
Vim and Verve
Visiting Research Scientist 1996;
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Postdoctoral Fellow 1983; Polymer Materials Science and Engineering; Massachusetts
Institute of Technology (MIT).
Sc.D. 1983; Polymer Materials Science and Engineering (III); Massachusetts
Institute of Technology (MIT).
M.Sc. 1980; Corrosion Science and Engineering Program, Chemical Engineering;
University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England.
B.Sc., Hons. First Class, 1979; Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Analytical
Chemistry; University of The West Indies (UWI), Mona, Jamaica.
Dow Chemical Professor
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Department of Bioengineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Director, Center for Bioelectronics, Biosensors and Biochips (C3B)
College of Engineering and Science
Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Tel.: +1(864) 656 1712; Fax: +1(864) 656 1713
President and Scientific Director
ABTECH Scientific, Inc.
800 East Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Tel.: +1 (804) 783 7829; Fax: +1 (804) 783 7830
||Visiting Research Scientist 1996,
Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
||Postdoctoral Fellow 1983;
Polymer Materials Science and Engineering; Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
||Sc.D. 1983; Polymer
Materials Science and Engineering (III); Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
||M.Sc. 1980; Corrosion
Science and Engineering Program, Chemical Engineering; University of Manchester Institute
of Science and Technology (UMIST), England
||B.Sc., Hons. First
Class, 1979; Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Analytical Chemistry; University of
The West Indies (UWI), Mona, Jamaica
SUMMARY OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
Research interests are in the areas of science, technology and applications of
field responsive polymers in biotechnical applications (i.e. polymers of biotechnical significance) (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering), bioelectronics for bioanalytical biomedical devices (Electrical and Computer Engineering) and near patient diagnostics and human trauma (Bioengineering).
A. Structure/property relations in polymeric thin films: biomimetic films/membranes
and organized supramacromolecular assemblies with emphasis on small molecule, ion, and
B. Biosensors and bioelectronics: electroactive and electrically conducting polymers
and carbon nanotubes with conferred biospecificity. Direct biosensors and bioelectrochemistry.
C. Surface chemistry of polymers related to bio-immobilizations and biocompatibility.
D. Polymer coatings for corrosion protection of metallic and semiconductor substrates
in implant and in vivo devices.
E. Biochips: microfabricated solid state devices containing transducer-active elements
based upon organic supramacromolecular assemblies and chemically responsive polymers for
RESEARCH TOPICS CURRENTLY UNDER
1. Implantable biochips for the management of trauma. Pathophysiology of trauma and hemorrhage.
Chemical and biosensor devices based on redox-active and electroconductive polymers.
Thin polymer films fabricated on metallic and semiconductor device substrates - Bioactive
smart materials - the integration of molecular biorecognition and electronic signal transduction.
2. The application of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) and
electroanalytical chemistry to the study of electron and ion transport, and the mechanism
of redox mediation in electroconductive polymer thin films and chemically responsive
hydrogels. Organic thin films, spread monolayers, Langmuir-Blodgett films, and
supramacromolecular assemblies applied to membranes, chemical and biosensors, and
organic electronic devices. Synthetic polymer chemistry at surfaces and interfaces.
3. Biotechnical applications of chemically responsive electroconductive hydrogels. SWNT-Enzyme conjugates for direct electron transfer in advanced biosensors and biofuel cells. Biomimetic PEG hydrogels possessing peptides, phospholipids and carbohydrates:
Polymer-protein, polymer-DNA, and polymer-whole cell interactions for molecular biosensor,
biochip, and tissue-to-biosensor (abio-bio) applications.
4. Targeted drug release from biologically responsive hydrogels. The deveopment and application of feedback control in the design and performance of drug delivery platforms
5. Chemoreception -- Electronic Nose (Natural Olfactory Sensor Emulator(TM)): An impedimetric 8-element array sensor for
sub-ppm VOC detection and monitoring.
6. Chemoreception -- Electronic Tongue: An impedimetric 24-element array sensor to
simulate the physiological responses of the tongue.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2013 Congress Chair, 15th IUPAC International Symposium on MacroMolecular Complexes http://www.clemson.edu/MMC-15/index.html
2012 Named a 2012-2013 IEEE-EMBS Distinguished Lecturer http://www.embs.org/distinguished-lecturers
2012 Visiting Professor of Polymer Chemistry, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
2012 Visiting Orofessor of Nanobiotechnology, University of Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa
2011 Appointed Member of an NSF Delegation to Joint USA-Russia Workshop on Emerging Trends in Bioelectronics; Electrical, Communications and Cyber System Division and the Office of International Science and Engineering, National Science Foundation (NSF) and Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), St. Petersburg Academic University, St. Petersburg. Prof. Michael Shur, PI. June 27-28, 2011.
2011 Invited Presenter, panel on Innovation and Translation in Medical and Biological Engineering at the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering 20th Annual Event, “Medical and Biological Engineering in the Next 20 Years: The Promise and Challenges”. February 20-23, 2011, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Washington DC, USA. http://www.aimbe.org/events/
His talk is entitled “Improving Resuscitation and Reanimation Decisions with an Implantable Diagnostic Biochip”
2011 External Site Reviewer - The Center for Advanced Sensors and Environmental Systems (CASE) at State University of New York (SUNY), Binghamton; March 10th, 2011 and reported upon by April 10th, 2011.
2011 Invited Speaker; - The International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Implantable Medical Devices. April 1, 2011, Integrated Systems Centre SI, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne EPFL ELA 2, Lausanne, Switzerland. http://si.epfl.ch/SPIMD
His talk is entitled “An Implantable Biochip to Influence Patient Outcomes Following Trauma-induced Hemorrhage”
2011 Keynote Presenter -- 2011 International Conference on Frontiers of Characterization and Metrology for Nanoelectronics. May 23-26, 2011, MINATEC Campus in Grenoble, France. http://www.nist.gov/pml/semiconductor/conference/
His talk is entitled “Frontiers of More than Moore in Bioelectronics and the Required Metrology Needs”
2011 Invited Paper; 2nd International Frontiers in Polymer Science. May 29-31, 2011, Centre de Congrès, Lyon, France. http://www.frontiersinpolymerscience.com/ His paper is entitled “Bioactive and Responsive Hydrogels: Integration of Biocompatibility, Molecular Recognition and Signal Transduction”
2011 Prof. Dr. Anthony Guiseppi-Elie has been named to the Board of Directors of the Council for Frontiers of Knowledge (CFK), Uganda. http://www.knowledgecouncil.org/
2011 Elected Sr. Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) achieving a level of professional recognition reserved for less than 8% of the IEEE membership.
2011 Invited Presenter -- US-Russian Workshop on “Emerging Trends in Bioelectronics”. Sponsored by the Electrical, Communications and Cyber System Division and the Office of International Science and Engineering at the US National Science Foundation, this workshop will feature presentations by acknowledged national experts from both the USA and Russia. This workshop with be held at the St. Petersburg Academic University (http://edu.ioffe.ru/index1_en.html), St. Petersburg, Russia on June 27-28, 2011.
2010 Discussion Leader: 2010 Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on “Electrochemistry “, January 10-15, 2010. Four Points Sheraton / Holiday Inn Express, Ventura, CA, USA.
2009 Appointed Member, International Panel of the Higher Education Authority (HEA) of Ireland. Review of Programme for Research in Third Level Institutions, Cycle 5 Evaluation Process €300MM. Other members included: Prof. Tony Cass, Chemical Biology, Deputy Director and Research Director (Bionanotechnology) in the Institute of Biomedical Engineering at Imperial College London.
Dr. Barbara J. de Lateur, Distinguished Service Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Lawrence Cardinal Shehan Professor and Director Emerita Joint Professor of Health Policy and Management, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University.
Prof. Kenneth A. Marx, Dept of Chemistry, UMass Lowell.
Prof. Philip Blower, School of Medicine, King's College London
2009 Discussion Leader: 2009 Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Biomaterials: Biocompatibility and Tissue Engineering “The Engineering of Healing: From Molecular Mediation to Tissue Constructs” July 19-24, 2009, Holderness School, Plymouth, NH
2009 Invited Speaker: Symposium B: Nanomaterials for Bioimaging and Biosensing, International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies, (ICMAT 2009), Singapore. (June 28th – July 3rd, 2009)
2009 Invited Speaker: Institute for Biological Engineering (IBE 2009), Santa Clara, California, USA.
2009 Colloquium Address: Dept. of Chemical Engineering and Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Illinois (UIC), Chicago, Illinois, USA. (April 30th, 2009)
2009 Appointed Member, National Academies Panel on Electronics and Electrical Engineering (2009), National Research Council. “..will assess the scientific and technical work performed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Electronics and Electrical Engineering Laboratory.”
2008 The 13th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME2008), Singapore. December 3-6th, 2008.
2008 Profiled in January 2008 issue of South Carolina Business, the publication of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce.
2007 Distinguished Lecture Award for BioNanoMaterials and Biomedical Nanotechnology (December, 2007), Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, (IBN) Singapore.
2007 Guest Editor: NanoBiotechnology
2006 Clemson Board of Trustees Award
2006 Fellow, American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineers
2005 Profiled in January 2005 issue of Biotechniques Vol. 38, No. 6 (2005) p 843, the journal of Biotechnology.
2005 Keynote address: 2005 Annual General Meeting of the Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC)
2005 Keynote address: 2005 Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Joint Engineers Council (RJEC).
2004 Invited Lecturer in Nanobiotechnology (April 2004), Technology Forum on Nanobiotechnology, US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Washington DC, USA.
2004 Distinguished Lecture in Bioengineering (March 2004), National Security Agency and University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA.
2004-2006 Senior Fellow, Center for the Study of Biological Complexity, Virginia Commonwealth University
2003 Distinguished Lecture in Pioneering Biomedical Research (October 2003), Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
2003 Distinguished Lecture in Polymer Research (October 2003), Program in Polymer Science and Technology (PPST), Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
1999 1999 SEAM Award “… for taking conductive polymers to biological applications”. Herman Mark Polymer Institute, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, New York.
1995 Invited Lecturer: The First Asia -Pacific Symposium on Biosensors; University of Wollongong: Australia; December 4 - 6, 1995.
1995 Visiting Scientist (06/1995 - 06/1996): Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218.
1995 Plenary Lecturer: The XI th Conference of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering; University of the West Indies, St. Augustine: Republic of Trinidad and Tobago; March 6 - 10, 1995.
1993 Adjunct Professor of Materials Science (09/1993 - 06/1995): Department of Materials Science, Polymer Science Program, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16802
1994 Co-chairman, Symposium on Field Responsive Polymers, 35th IUPAC Macro Meeting, Akron, Ohio, 1994.
1996 Fellow, American Institute of Chemists
Life Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Life Member, MIT Chapter Sigma Xi.
1979-1980 Commonwealth Postgraduate Scholarship Award to attend the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England.
1980-1983 UWI Postgraduate Scholarship Award to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Science and technology (MIT).
1977-1980 UWI Undergraduate Bursary Award for academic merit.
1975 High school (6th Form) awards for academic merit.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY/EXPERIENCE:
04/10 - current:
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering and Science, Clemson University,
Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA.
01/06 - current:
Dow Chemical Professor
Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, College of Engineering and Science, Clemson University,
Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA.
Professor, Bioengineering, College of Engineering and Science, Clemson University,
Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA.
07/00 - 12/05:
Professor, Chemical Engineering , School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University,
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3028, USA.
Professor, Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University,
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3028, USA.
07/98 - 12/05:
Professor, Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University,
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3028, USA.
03/87 - Current:
Founder, President and Scientific Director, AAI-ABTECH, ABTECH Scientific, Inc., Virginia
Biotechnology Research Park, 911 East Leigh Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219, USA.
06/95 - 06/96:
Visiting Scientist, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Johns
Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218., USA.
09/93 - 06/95:
Adjunct Professor of Materials Science, Department of Materials Science, Penn State
University, University Park, PA 16802., USA
04/87 - 09/87:
Director of Research, Ohmicron Corporation, 108 West Franklin Avenue, Pennington, New
Jersey 08534, U.S.A.
07/86 - 03/87:
Applications Manager, Molecular Electronics Corporation Torrance, California 90503, USA.
09/83 - 06/86:
Research Engineer, Research Division, W. R. Grace & Co., Columbia, Maryland 21044,
- Associate Editor, Biomedical Microdevices
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Member, Editorial Board, Nanobiotechnology
- Member, Advisory Board, International Seminar on the Technology of Inherently Conductive
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers. -more->
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Your World : A magazine of Biotechnology for
9-12 graders. -more->
- Member, Board of Directors and Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board, ABTECH Scientific,
Inc. (ABTECH), (1996 - current).
- Member, Board of Directors and Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board, Allage Associates,
Inc. (AAI), (1987 - 1994).
- Member, Board of Directors, Bioprocess Resource Center (BRC), Penn State University and
Biotechnology Institute (1992 - 1997).
- Member, Industry Resource Counsel, Temple University's Learning City Project (1993 -
- Member, Prime-Annenberg-Connaly Committee on Secondary Science Education (1993 - 1995).
- Member, MIT Club of Princeton (1990 - 1997); Vice President (1992 - '93); Board of
Governors (1994 - '95).
- Member, Board of Directors, Alliance for Science Education (1993 - 1995).
- Member, Executive Committee, Pennsylvania Biotechnology Association (PBA) (1993).
- Chairman, Education Committee, Pennsylvania Biotechnology Association (1992 - '93).
- Member, Education Committee, Pennsylvania Biotechnology Association (1990 - '94).
- Reviewer: Chemistry of Materials, Petroleum Research Fund, Langmuir,
Biosensors and Bioelectronics, IEEE EMBS, Biomacromolecules, Analytical
- Chairman and Co-organizer, National ACS PMSE Symposium (2000) on "Transducer-active
- Chairman and Organizer, National ACS PMSE Symposium (1994) on "Transducer-active
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (FAIMBE)
- Member American Chemical Society (ACS)
Division of Polymer Chemistry (POLY)
Division of Polymer Materials Science and Engineering (PMSE)
Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry (COLL)
- Life Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Sr. Member, Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Member, Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Member, Royal Society of Chemistry(RSC)
- Member, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Life Member, Sigma Xi (MIT Chapter)
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- Milakin, K. A.; Korovin, A. N.; Moroz, E. V.; Levon, K.; Guiseppi-Elie, A. and Sergeyev, V. G. “Polyaniline-modified Carbon Paste Electrode for Potentiometric Determination of Ascorbic Acid” Electroanalysis (2013) (accepted) (IF: 2.92)
- Christian N. Kotanen, Chaker Tlili and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “In vitro performance of amperometric glucose biosensors formed via electropolymerization of Py within a biomimetic hydrogel” Talanta (2013) 103, 228–235. doi:10.1016/j.talanta.2012.10.037 (IF 3.19)
- A. Nolan Wilson and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Bioresponsive Hydrogels” Advanced Healthcare Materials (2012) (accepted) doi:10.1002/adhm.201200332
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Christian N. Kotanen, Olukayode Karunwei and A. Nolan Wilson “Engineering the Bio-Abio Interface to Enable Next Gen Bionics" Special Issue on Functional Diversification of Semiconductor Electronics” ECS Transactions (2012) (accepted) http://ma.ecsdl.org/content/MA2012-02/36/2785.short.
- Christian N. Kotanen and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Bioactive Electroconductive Hydrogels Yield Novel Biotransducers for Glucose” Macromolecular Symposia (2012) 317-318(1): 187-197. Issuedoi:10.1002/masy.201100164
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Chenbo Dong and Cerasela Zoica Dinu “Crosslink Density of a Biomimetic Poly(HEMA)-based Hydrogel Influences Growth and Proliferation of Attachment Dependent RMS 13 Cells” Journal of Materials Chemistry: Themed Issue on Materials for Biosurfaces (invited)J. Mater. Chem. (2012) 22 (37), 19529 – 19539 doi: 10.1039/C2JM32516K (IF 5.10)
- Sandro Carrara, Sara Seyedeh Ghoreishizadeh, Jacopo Olivo, Irene Taurino, Camilla Baj-Rossi, Andrea Cavallini, Maaike Op de Beeck, Wayne P. Burleson, Francis Gabriel Moussy, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Giovanni De Micheli “Fully Integrated Biochip Platforms for Advanced Healthcare” Sensors: Biochips (2012) 12(8), 11013-11060 (IF 1.92) doi: 10.3390/s120811013
- A. Nolan Wilson, Ruth Salas and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Bioactive Hydrogels Demonstrate Mediated Release of a Chromophore by Chymotrypsin” Journal of Controlled Release (2012) 150(1) 41-47. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2012.02.026 (IF 6.49)
- Christian N. Kotanen, Francis Gabriel Moussy, Sandro Carrara and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Implantable Enzyme Amperometric Biosensors” Biosensors and Bioelectronics(2012) 35(1) 14-26. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2012.03.016 (IF 5.10)
- Christian N. Kotanen, A. Nolan Wilson, Ann M. Wilson, Kazuhiko Ishihara and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Biomimetic Hydrogels Gate Transport of Calcium Ions Across Cell Culture Inserts” Biomedical Microdevices (2012) 14(3) 549-558. doi: 10.1007/s10544-012-9632-0 (IF 3.39)
- Christian N. Kotanen, Chaker Tlili and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Bioactive Electroconductive Hydrogels: The effects of electropolymerization charge density on the storage stability of an enzyme based biosensor” Journal of Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology(2012) 166(4) 878–888. doi: 10.1007/s12010-011-9477-7 (IF 3.17)
- Sarah M. Strycharz-Glaven, Rachel M. Snider, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie and Leonard M. Tender “On electrical conductivity of microbial nanowires and biofilms” Energy and Environmental Science (2011) 4 4366-4379. doi:10.1039/C1EE01753E (IF 9.4)
- Liju Yang, Adilah Guiseppi-Wilson, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Design Considerations in the Use of Interdigitated Microsensor Electrode Arrays (IMEs) for Impedimetric Characterization of Biomimetic Hydrogels” Biomedical Microdevices(2011) 13(2):279-89. doi:10.1007/s10544-010-9492-4 (IF: 2.92)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie“An Implantable Biochip to Influence Patient Outcomes Following Trauma-induced Hemorrhage” Journal Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (2011) 399(1), 403-419. doi:10.1007/s00216-010-4271-x (IF: 3.84)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Lauren Koch, Stephen H. Finley and Gary E. Wnek “The Effect of Temperature on the Impedimetric Response of Bioreceptor Hosting Hydrogels” Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2011) 26(5) 2275–2280.doi:10.1016/j.bios.2010.09.050 (IF: 5.10)
- Christian Kotanen and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Development of an implantable biosensor system for physiological status monitoring during long duration space flights” Gravitational and Space Biology (2010), 23(2) 55-63. .
- Gusphyl Justin and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie*, "An Electroconductive Blend of p(HEMA-co-PEGMA-co-HMMA-co-SPMA) Hydrogels and p(Py-co-PyBA): In Vitro Biocompatibility" Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers (2010), 25(2) 121-140. doi:10.1177/0883911509350660) (IF=0.93)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Electroconductive Hydrogels: Synthesis, Characterization and Biomedical Applications” Biomaterials, (2010) 31(10) 2701-2716. doi:10.1016/j.biomaterials.2009.12.052 (IF: 3.8)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman and Nikhil K. Shukla “SAM-modified Microdisc Electrode Arrays (MDEAs) With Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes” Elctrochimica Acta (2010) 55(14), 4247-4255 doi:10.1016/j.electacta.2008.12.043 (IF=2.85)
- Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman, Gusphyl Justin, Adilah Guiseppi-Wilson and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie* “Fabrication and Packaging of a Dual Sensing Electrochemical Biotransducer for Glucose and Lactate Useful in Intramuscular Physiologic Status Monitoring” IEEE Sensors Journal (2009) 9(12): 1856-1863 doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2009.2031347 (IF=1.17)
- Gusphyl Justin and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie*, "Characterization of Electroconductive Blends of p(HEMA-co-PEGMA-co-HMMA-co-SPMA) Hydrogels and p(Py-co-PyBA)" Biomacromolecules (2009) 10(9):2539-2549. doi:10.1021/bm900486d (IF=4.15)
- Ali Ozgur Boztas and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie* “Immobilization and Release of the Redox Mediator Ferrocene Monocarboxylic Acid from within Cross-linked p(HEMA-co-PEGMA-co-HMMA) Hydrogels” Biomacromolecules (2009) 10(8):2135-2143. doi:10.1021/bm900299b (IF=4.15)
- Y. Zhou, B. Yu, A. Guiseppi-Elie, V. Sergeyev and K. Levon* “Potentiometric Monitoring of DNA Hybridization” Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2009) 24, 3275-3280. (IF=4.13) doi:10.1016/j.bios.2009.04.023
- Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman, Gusphyl Justin and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie* “Bioactive Hydrogel Layers on Microdisc Electrode Arrays: Impedance Measurements and Equivalent Circuit Modeling” Electroanalysis (2009) 21(10), 1135-1144. doi:10.1002/elan.200804540 (IF=3.08)
- Gusphyl Justin, Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie* “Bioactive Hydrogel Layers on Microdisc Electrode Arrays: Cyclic Voltammetry Experiments and Simulations” Electroanalysis (2009) 21(10), 1125-1134. doi:10.1002/elan.200804548 (IF=3.08)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Sung-Ho Choi and Kurt E. Geckeler “Ultrasonic Processing of Enzymes: Effect on Enzymatic Activity of Glucose Oxidase” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic (2009) 58, 118–123. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.molcatb.2008.12.005 (IF=2.01)
- Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Design Considerations in the Development and Application of Microdisc Electrode Arrays (MDEAs) for Implantable Biosensors” Biomedical Microdevices: BioMEMS and Biomedical NanoTechnology (2009) 11:701-710. http://www.doi.org/10.1007/s10544-008-9283-3 (IF=2.92)
- Gusphyl Justin, Stephen Finley, Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman, and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Biomimetic Hydrogels for Biosensor Implant Biocompatibility: Electrochemical Characterization using Micro-Disc Electrode Arrays (MDEAs)” Biomedical Microdevices: BioMEMS and Biomedical NanoTechnology (2009) 11:1, 103. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10544-008-9214-3 (IF=2.92)
- Abdur Rub Abdur Rahman, Gusphyl Justin and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Towards an Implantable Biochip for Glucose and Lactate Monitoring using Micro-Disc Electrode Arrays (MDEAs)” Biomedical Microdevices: BioMEMS and Biomedical NanoTechnology (2009) 11:1, 75. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10544-008-9211-6 (IF=2.92)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie*, Sung-Ho Choi, Kurt E. Geckeler, Balakrishnan Sivaraman, and Robert A. Latour “Ultrasonic Processing of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube-Glucose Oxidase Conjugates: Interrelation of Bioactivity and Structure” NanoBiotechnology (2008), 4, 9-17. doi: 10.1007/s12030-009-9026-4 (IF=1.64)
- Joseph H. O. Owino, Omotayo A. Arotiba, Priscilla G .L. Baker, Anthony Guiseppi –Elie, Emmanuel I. Iwuoha “Synthesis and characterization of poly (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) (p-(HEMA))-polyaniline based hydrogel composites” Reactive and Functional Polymers (2008) 68(8), 1239-1244. doi:10.1016/j.reactfunctpolym.2008.05.005 (IF=2.04)
- Kellie J. Archer, Catherine I. Dumur, G. Scott Taylor, Michael D. Chaplin, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Gregory Buck, Geraldine Grant, Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez, Carleton Garrett “A disattenuated correlation estimate when variables are measured with error: Illustration estimating cross-platform correlations” Statistics in Medicine, (2008) 27(7), 1026-1039. doi:10.1002/sim.2984 (IF=1.48)
- Farahi, R. H.; Ferrell, T. L.; Guiseppi-Elie, A.; Hansen, P. Integrated electronics platforms for wireless implantable biosensors Life Science Systems and Applications Workshop (2007) IEEE/NIH, p 27–30. doi:10.1109/LSSA.2007.4400876
- Kellie J. Archer, Catherine I. Dumur, G. Scott Taylor, Michael D. Chaplin, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Geraldine Grant, Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez, Carleton Garrett “Application of a correlation correction factor in a microarray cross-platform reproducibility study” BMC Bioinformatics 2007, 8:447 (15th Nov. 2007). doi:10.1186/1471-2105-8-447 (IF=3.62)
- Walter Torres and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, “Simulations of Redox Mediation within Bioactive Hydrogels of Amperometric Biosensors” Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry (2006) (12) 1923 – 1928. doi:10.1080/10601320600996080 (IF=0.80)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Scott Taylor, Louise Lingerfelt, Chris Nixon, Ryan Georgiana, Joy Kim, Stephanie Smith, Brad Mangrum and Nicholas Farell “Studies of the Interaction of Platinum Drugs with DNA Using Oligonucleotide Microarrays” Macromolecular Symposia (2006) 235(1), 115-120. doi:10.1002/masy.200650314 (IF=0.91)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, “Bioactive Hydrogels” Materials Matters 2006, 1(1), 8. .
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Sean Brahim, Gary Wnek, Ray Baughman, “Carbon Nanotube Modified Electrodes for the Direct Bioelectrochemistry of Pseudoazurin” NanoBiotechnology (2005), 1(1) 83. doi:10.1385/NBT:1:1:083 (IF=3.14)
- Amy Yu, Tim Savas, G. Scott Taylor, Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Henry I. Smith, Francesco Stellacci “Supramolecular Nano Contact-Printing: using DNA as a moveable type.” Nano Letters (2005), 5(6), 1061-1064. doi:10.1021/nl050495w (IF=9.96)
- Guy Narcisse Tchoupo and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “On Pattern Recognition Dependency of Desorption Heat, Activation Energy, and Temperature of Polymer-based VOC Sensors for the Electronic NOSE” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical (2005), 110(1) 81-88. doi:10.1016/j.snb.2005.01.028 (IF=2.33)
- Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, Sean Brahim, Gymama Slaughter and Kevin R. Ward “Design of a Subcutaneous Implantable Biochip for Monitoring of Glucose and Lactate” IEEE Sensors Journal (2005), 5(3), 345-355. doi:10.1109/JSEN.2005.846173 (IF=1.12)
- Sean I. Brahim and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Electroconductive Hydrogels: Electrical and Electrochemical Properties of polypyrrole-Poly(HEMA) Composites” Electroanalysis (2005) 17(7) 556-570. doi:10.1002/elan.200403109 (IF=2.44)
- Sheena Abraham, Sean Brahim, Kazuhiko Ishihara and Anthony Guiseppi-Elie “Molecularly engineered hydrogels for implant biocompatibility” Biomaterials (2005), 26(23), 4767-4778. doi:10.1016/j.biomaterials.2005.01.031 (IF=5.20)
- Last Updated: 01/27/2013. This page does not reflect an
official position of Clemson University or ABTECH Scientific, Inc.
© 1995-2013 Guiseppi-Elie. You may send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com